Friday, January 21, 2011

Before you read anymore I'd like you to take just five minutes with a worship song in reverance and prayer to God so you can become better focused on Him today. I have a paticular song I'd like to share with you for this purpose right here. This song is pretty much the conerstone of christian faith pressed into five minutes. The belief in, not just Jesus Christ, but the belief and truth that He did overcome the grave. To me this song presents so much more than a simple "Jesus died to save our sins" MO. It presents Jesus as a conquerer and destroyer of death, so much more appealing to men, in my opinion. So just take 5 minutes, listen to the song and spend some time loving on Jesus.

I'd like to expand a little more this time, on what I had said last time. My last post talked about, basically, viewing God relationally. Looking at our everyday lives and trying to find God in them. I asked the reader to view God as their father, and friend, and themselves as His children. This time I'm taking the otherside of the coin (as my good friend John would put it). I am not taking God out of this by any means, but I am going to focus more on our personal relationships with our children, and wives.

Men in our age, christian or not, love and abuse the bible verse that tell wives to submit to their husbands. Unfortunately, They are all to happy to completely miss the verse that follows directly underneath it. "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her," Ephesians 5:25. Last I checked that was a huge responsibilty. If this was being practiced daily, even just by christians, I truly, in my heart believe that divorce rates would drop drastically. How much did Christ love us? Besides dying on the cross? Besides forgivness? He created us. He crafted us to be exactly the way we are. He knows our strengths, and our weaknesses. And, as the Word says, while we were still sinners (techincally cheating on God, our lover, with satan a sadist) Christ came and died for us. Despite the fact that we were cheating on God, He still loved us enough to be beaten, broken, stabbed, and suffocated just so we wouldn't have to endure Hell. Can we do that for our wives? If your wife cheats on you, can you not only offer a hand of forgivness, but pursue and capture her heart as if you were the one who was unfaithful?

Ok fathers, or soon to be fathers. The closest parallel in life you will find to God comes no closer than the relationship you have or will have with your children. Unfortunatly at this day and age, fathers could careless. there are plenty of boys with a ridiculous amount toys, and rather than discplining and loving their kids as they should, they are far to busy playing the next medal of honor, or halo. I've known a few people who were hestitant to get divorces, because of the blow it would make to their toy fund, but all to happy to be rid of their children. In every case a son is involved. This is downright damaging for a young boy. I don't care where you stand on men and women. Men don't know what it means to be a woman, and women don't know what it takes to be a man. A boy needs a man there to show him what it means to be a man. Now these fathers that I know, their sons are better off without them. I'm sorry but it's true. A man is not called to play video games and snort drugs for the rest of his life. First off, christian fathers, it is your duty to discipline your sons in a Godly way. That doesn't include emotional and physical abuse. If your prone to that, better to let your wife discipline. Christian men in general, step it up! There are fatherless sons EVERWHERE. Whether they don't have one, or their father is just absent. We need to hunt these boys down and display a God fearing, female respecting example for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment