Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the mystery is gone...or is it?

Well, all the difficulty we've had inn figuring out what our new baby is has come to an end. You can read all about it on my wife's blog here.

So, the mystery has been revealed as a little girl, and will be the final addition to this landmark Matthew family. Yes, I say the mystery is revealed, but that could not be farther from the truth. It's said in the Bible over and over again that the only thing in life that is constant is Jesus. This opens up an entire world of mystery and intrigue in our every day lives. I heard in a radio broadcast that so many people feel so empty and disappointed with their lives because of the romanticism and fantasy of books and movies. What people fail to notice is the romanticism and fantasy run free in our lives every single day. We don't know what tomorrow will bring, and our entire future is one big question mark.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that, our "mystery" baby (now known as  Talia Jewel Matthew) will be just as mysterious tomorrow as today. Who is to say who she will become? Or what she will be?

For my son, while my wife was still pregnant with him, I sang "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." Every word I sang for him I meant. I want him to twinkle and spark in this life, and I do wonder what he will become. Those words ring true every single time I look at my son and daughter, and think about my daughter on the way. I'm excited to see their lives unfold, and watch them grow up to become who they were meant to be.

Talia Jewel Matthew-I love you from the bottom of my heart, little star!

No comments:

Post a Comment